First and foremost, Happy Leap Year 2016!! A once-in-four-years experience, though it must be horribly awful for those born on this day, it’s one ‘extra’ day for the rest of us! My school started its first day today, and there was a pang of nostalgia in my chest after having attended there for the past 10 years. It’s always hard for me to let go of things.
On a more cheerful note, this is a post that I feel is very encouraging to my self-motivation. Reflecting upon what one has done after a month (or a certain period of time) is an effective way of appreciating one’s efforts, and set different and higher goals for the next month. It may seem ‘show-offy’ to some extent, but it’s also a confidence boost to your persona. Without further ado, here were my achievements in the past month:
- Yoga: Started attending classes regularly – 2 times per week. I have tried out Bikram (Hot) yoga (do not recommend for summer-time), Hatha, Ashtanga, Kundalini, and finally settled with Ashtanga Yoga.
- Pilates: Attended one Pilates Mat Class as a try-out, and will attend weekly classes. There’s also Pilates Reformer (which is using special apparatus), which I might switch to.
- Exercise: I have exercised individually, mainly strength workouts. However, I realized that I spent too much time on it that I left little time to do cardio, which is what I need to build resistance, improve my fitness and blood flow.
2. BOOKS & BLOGGING
- Finished 7 books (2 more than last month!). I did start several of them in January though. List of books I read:
- “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire” by J.K. Rowling
- “The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn” by Mark Twain
- “Tainted Ink” by Tania Johansson (ARC)
- “November 9” by Colleen Hoover
- “Make Up: Your Life Guide to Beauty, Style, and Success–Online and Off” by Michelle Phan
- “Me Before You” by Jojo Moyes
- “Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World” by Cal Newport
- Am currently in the middle of 3+ books.
- Published 18 self-written blog posts (including this one), in addition to developing my pages and menu bar (categories)!
- Joined Goodreads to be more organized with my reading; joined Pinterest (though I’m not really active on there) for photography purposes, and linked my Tumblr to this bookish blog. I’m more keen on keeping it to just Bookstagram and blogging though.
- Continued with English classes, delving into US politics and laws. Researched and wrote a few essays, but I can definitely put more effort into this.
- Weekly cello classes – going quite well.
- Orchestra rehearsals 3 times a week. Performed our first 2 concerts of the year, and it was quite successful and exhilarating!
5. SURVIVAL SKILLS
- I have learned how to prepare and cook several simple meals, and basically do some really basic cooking stuff. My mom is really helpful and guiding – she constantly tells me how to cook things healthily, tells me how to watch out for a balanced diet (there are several things that go beyond just eating ‘healthy’ that I still need to improve).
I think this pretty much covers the more important and notorious things that I have done this month. Now it’s time to switch my mindset to March Goals!